@feathersjs/authentication plugins provide a collection of tools for username/password, JWT and OAuth (GitHub, Facebook etc.) authentication as well as custom authentication mechanisms.
It consists of the following core modules:
- The AuthenticationService that allows to register authentication strategies and create and manage access tokens
- The JWTStrategy to use JWTs to make authenticated requests
- The authenticate hook to limit service calls to an authentication strategy.
- Local authentication for local username/password authentication
- OAuth authentication for Google, GitHub, Facebook etc. authentication
- The authentication client to use Feathers authentication on the client.
@feathersjs/authentication is an abstraction for different authentication mechanisms. It does not handle things like user verification or password reset functionality etc. This can be implemented manually, with the help of libraries like feathers-authentication-management or a platform like Auth0.