This section describes all the individual modules and APIs of Feathers.
Feathers core functionality that works on the client and the server
- Application - The main Feathers application API
- Services - Service objects and their methods and Feathers specific functionality
- Hooks - Pluggable middleware for service methods
- Events - Events sent by Feathers service methods
- Errors - A collection of error classes used throughout Feathers
Expose a Feathers application as an API server
- Configuration - A node-config wrapper to initialize configuration of a server side application.
- Koa - Feathers KoaJS framework bindings, REST API provider and error middleware.
- Express - Feathers Express framework bindings, REST API provider and error middleware.
- Socket.io - The Socket.io real-time transport provider
- Channels - Channels are used to send real-time events to clients
Feathers authentication mechanism
- Service - The main authentication service configuration
- Hook - The hook used to authenticate service method calls
- Strategies - More about authentication strategies
- Local - Local email/password authentication
- JWT - JWT authentication
- OAuth - Using OAuth logins (Facebook, Twitter etc.)
More details on how to use Feathers on the client
- Usage - Feathers client usage in Node, React Native and the browser (also with Webpack and Browserify)
- REST - Feathers client and direct REST API server usage
- Socket.io - Feathers client and direct Socket.io API server usage
- Authentication - A client for Feathers authentication
Model definitions for validating and resolving data.
- TypeBox - Integration for TypeBox, a JSON schema type builder
- JSON schema - JSON schema integration
- Validators - Schema validators and validation hooks
- Resolvers - Dynamic data resolvers
Feathers common database adapter API and querying mechanism